Thursday, April 16, 2015

Meet the Felines Link Up

I never owned a cat.  Cats scared me and typically hated  me.  But...my guy loves both cats and dogs, so I was willing to give an effort to see what this whole cat thing was all about.  My guy, his two kids, and I went to our nearest Animal Welfare League in November 2013 to adopt two kittens. We left with three! And they have enriched our family ever since.  I'm a total cat convert.  Yep.  Crazy Cat Lady, all the way.

They are so much like children; they all have unique personalities, and we love each of them so much.

Name:  Ricky Sparkle  

(That's right.  Sparkle.  I was already named Ricky at AWL.  My human mama says Ricky Martin is handsome and knows how to move.  My human brother, who just turned six at the time, had the honor of giving me a middle name.  That's what the kid named me, and I like it.) 

Stats:  

  • Tuxedo cat
  • Male
  • Silky, shiny coat
  • Green eyes
  • Slim
  • Agile
  • Curious
  • Mischievous
Likes:   
  • Climbing through window blinds (and bending them)
  • Sitting at the window and staring outside
  • Chasing the other cats
  • Taunting my doggie sisters through the sliding glass door
  • Looking for food on the kitchen counter
  • Attempting to eat the dog food (while my humans are dishing it up)
  • Killing cockroaches or millipedes or spiders or whatever other little critter tries to creep in our house
  • Climbing the screen doors or windows
  • Sticking my paw (or head) under a flowing water faucet
  • Balancing on the top rail of our stairs
  • Laying on our iron board, or clean clothes, or drying rack
  • Hiding in drawers
  • Climbing the Christmas tree
  • Yanking down Christmas tree ornaments 
  • Snuggles on mama's chest
  • Purring
  • Meowing

Name: Ivy Lou 

Kinda like Blue Ivy but backwards, and different, so not really like that at all.  I'm not really a diva either, so my sweet name suits my sweet demeanor.  I'm not sure why the font just changed, but I'm not the smartest of the bunch (apparently, neither is my mama because she can't correct it.)  Oh well.  I'm an easy-going girl.

Stats:  
  • Torti (or torty, or tortie) cat
  • Female
  • Medium length coat
  • Greenish-gold eyes
  • Bootylicious
  • Flirtatious
  • Affectionate
Likes: 
  • Bags
  • Boxes
  • Catching sunrays through windows
  • Taunting my doggie sisters through the sliding glass door
  • Looking for attention from the men of the house
  • Running from my brothers
  • The heat from the satellite tv box
  • Piles of clothes
  • Daddy's jeans (my favorite place to lay)
  • Bouncing while I run
  • Rolling over when I say hello (c'mon humans, that means I want a belly scratch!)
  • Chewing the tip of my tail...I know, it's weird, but it's a habit

Name: Astro Naut  

We were waiting in the AWL office for my human daddy to complete the adoption paperwork, and my human mama was bouncing around Texas-themed names.  Some suggested: Sam (after Sam Houston), Willie (after Willie Nelson), Stevie (because it could give props to Stevie Ray Vaughan and Stephen F. Austin).  The rest of the humans weren't feeling any of these.  So, mama started offering up sports teams and names.  Astro (after the Houston Astros) is the name that they all turned and said "yes" or "I like that".  Secretly, I was thinking it's the name of the dog on the Jetsons, but whatevs.  I'm orange-ish, and I'm told that's the right color for a Houston Astro.  My middle name?  Well, the human brother steps up and decides my middle name is "Naut" because "Get it? It's like astronaut!" (Yes, this conversation happened.  Plus, it works.  NASA is in Houston, and NASA has astronauts). 
Stats:  
  • Ginger cat
  • Male
  • Greenish-gold eyes
  • Loyal
  • Lazy
  • Affectionate 
  • Intelligent
  • Awarded "best Cat ever" by my human brother
  • BFF to my human mama
Likes: 
  • My mama
  • Cat food
  • Cat treats
  • Breakfast
  • Naps
  • Dinner
  • Snuggles with my mama
  • Headbutts with my mama
  • Belly rubs from my mama
  • Hanging out with my mama while she takes a bath
  • Laser pointer time with dad
  • "Helping" my mama read (this may consist of laying on top of the book)
  • Sleeping in the cat tree
  • Sleeping next to my mama
  • Sleeping on my mama

All of us get along really well.  We play with each other, cuddle each other, and pretty much all five of us (kitties with my daddy and mama) sleep in a queen size bed every night.  We are great with our 7 year old human brother who absolutely adores us.  He thinks we're "the cat's meow".  When asked why he liked us so much his response was:
"They're really, really cute, and they're part of our family." 
Well, you can't get much better than that.

Cat conversion complete.

Join our mama's link-up, so we can meet other felines in bloggerland.


An InLinkz Link-up

And, if cats aren't you're thing (I don't know why they wouldn't be), there is a Meet the Canines link-up too.  So, you can check that out here:  Meet the Canines

6 comments:

  1. Awww Kitties!!!! :) They all are very special and unique - Our cats at home are sooo funny- unfortunately - not very photogenic - I rarely get pics of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww!!!! i loved getting to know them and learning the story of their names. Astro Naut is brilliant. They are all so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pictures are soooo adorable! I love the fact that you only wanted to adopt two but ended up adopting three kitties. Of course I also love that your cats are allowed to sleep in the bed with you because mine do the same. ;) I am also a crazy cat lady, that is for sure. Thank you for sharing your adorable kitties with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so envious of your cats cuddling together, and I love the name Astro Naut! :) Thanks for the link up! I just added mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to get a Sphinx cat because they don't have hair. Unfortunately I'm allergic. The weird part is I'm ok with dogs (which is why I have two) but one day maybe I won't be allergic and I'll be able to have cats!

    www.jerseygirltexanheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ricky Sparkles is my favorite name ever!!! It's so funny I was never a cat lover either, and one came with the package of my husband. He's grown on me :). You are well loved Erin!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!