Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Longest Christmas Day Ever!

I'll be home for Christmas, and not only in my dreams!  The last Christmas I spent in Texas was 2006.  This year, for a combined wedding & Christmas & birthday present to himself (my dad's birthday is Christmas Day), my dad and stepmom paid for my guy and I to fly home. 


We work until 4:00pm Christmas Eve.  We'll spend the evening of Christmas Eve with Neil's parents, kiddos, and our fur babies with presents and pancakes.  Yep, we decided pancakes for dinner this Christmas.  Christmas morning we'll squeeze in a little more time with the kids, then we head to the airport.  We fly out Christmas Day direct from  Sydney to Dallas/Ft Worth.  We'll be in the air 15 hours and 20 minutes.  You think that sounds bad?  Try 16 hours and 55 minutes on the return flight.  It is the longest running commercial flight going.  I'm good.  I watch a movie or two, and I sleep.  Poor Neil.  He doesn't sleep on any kind of transport. 
Photo credit
 With the crazy timezone difference, we arrive Christmas Day too.  We spend Christmas in Sydney, Christmas in the air over the Pacific Ocean, and Christmas in Texas too!  Threeeeeee Christmases!!!!!!  We'll be in Texas for less than two weeks, but we've crammed as many family get-togethers in that time that can possibly be scheduled with parents, step-parents, brother, sister-in-law, step-brothers, step-sister, nieces, nephew, cousins, aunts, uncles, kids of my cousins.  Oh, I mentioned it's my dad's birthday on Christmas Day.  Also, it's my niece's birthday and my mom's birthday while I'm there.  More celebrations!  (more cake!) 


I pretty much invited myself to my aunt's and uncle's for New Year's Eve at their farm.  And, I'm going to squeeze in a day at College Station, an Aggie basketball game, a day in Fort Worth, a few stops at Buc-ee's during the road trips, Tex-Mex and more Tex-Mex, and somewhere, we'll find time to sleep. 
 
In honor of my dual continent Christmas celebration, I share with you these white trash Texan and bogan-tastic Australian Christmas songs.  I love them both!




3 comments:

  1. It'll be so nice for you to be able to be in Texas for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting that you'll get to be there for Christmas. We'll be in the same time zone for a little while, ha! I hope you have a GREAT visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have the best time! and i have flown a zillion times and i always try and get the dallas flight, it's longer but it cuts out the stupid middle flight between LA and somewhere else before I get to KY. hope you have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!