Friday, January 4, 2013

Book # 1

Goodness gracious, I sure have abandoned this blog.  Well, I'm back (for today) with yet another change in the original premise of the blog, but oh well...it's my blog, and I can blog what I want to!

A friend of mine has challenged herself to read 100 books this year.  I think that's awesome!  I read a lot, but I know I couldn't come close to that.  It got me thinkin' that at least I could keep track of what I read this year.

So, the first book finished for 2013 is this:  My Appetite for Destruction: Sex and Drugs and Guns N Roses by Steven Adler .  I'm  not going to write my own book review; read the one attached because I pretty much agree with what it says.  I will say this - drugs are bad...very, very bad...and ugly...very, very ugly.  I wish Steven Adler all the best in his attempt to stay clean.  I believe he is truly one of those who will have to fight the battle every second of his life.  I've read Duff's book and Slash's book previously, and by adding Steven's book to the mix, it shows that there are many layers, many versions, and many perspectives to the same experiences.  I will also add that I am one of the many GNR fans who hope for and dream of the day, the 5 original  guys will tour together.  Doubt it will happen, but it seems like 4 of them would be willing participants.........
I met Steven Adler in 2009; he seemed sober and was all smiles.  (man, my hair was long, red, healthy, and I was skinny, but this isn't about me) 



3 comments:

  1. it's your blog, erin. do with it what you will. diversity is a wonderful thing. i'll be interested to see what books you choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll warn you now - I don't do much heavy reading. It's mostly crime thrillers and rock biographies :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the idea of reading 100 books in a year! That seems like a lofty goal, but isn't that was a new year's resolution is supposed to be? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I enjoy our interactions. I respond via email, but if you're a "no reply blogger", I can't. Don't think I'm ignoring you!